Restaurant Spotlight – Star East
One of the most talked-about subjects in our Facebook group is restaurants. MIC’s Economic Development Committee decided to visit Mableton restaurants periodically, and provide some basic information about them — or in other words, “shine a spotlight” on the restaurants in our community. MIC does not endorse the restaurants; the Spotlight exists simply to introduce Mabletonians to restaurants in Mableton.
Today’s spotlight is Star East:
- When we went: Thursday, May 31, 2018, 12:30pm
- Type of food: Chinese (Beef & Broccoli, Hot & Sour Soup, Fried Cabbage Egg Roll, Sweet & Sour Pork)
- Delivery/Takeout: Dine-in or call-in available for takeout via stareastga.com or www.doordash.com
- Service: order & pay at back counter (Visa, Master Card, cash), meals brought to your table
- Location: Suite 1674, 5015 Floyd Road, Mableton GA 30126 in the Mableton Walk Shopping Center (Publix)
- Phone: 770.948.7722
- Food Safety Score: 98 (3.16.17) (no grade level listed)
- Ambience: Straight-up! Walls lined with tables/chairs, nice lighting, little décor, VERY clean.
- Wifi: Not listed as available (cell phone use was fine)
- Parking: plentiful
- Website: stareastga.com
- Notes about experience: Service was quick, food served piping hot; huge menu with lunch specials (plenty of food, even the soup portion), Sweet & Sour Pork was actual (breaded) chunks of pork, not ground… free plate of fried wontons. Only “sweet tea” available (no unsweet), great sticky rice. We were the only customers upon arrival, but soon Star East tables were filling up, and as well, a steady stream of takeout pickups!