MIC has been a proud supporter of the Cobb County Adopt-A-Mile program for over a decade. MIC has officially adopted about a mile of Floyd Road and over a mile of Old Powder Springs Road. The Adopt-A-Mile Committee works with other neighborhood groups on other streets, listed below. Clean-ups are held at least several times a month at 9:00 am on Saturday mornings. It’s not glamorous work, but it’s great to see our neighborhood clean and neat. And, each time we clean up our mile, there seems to be less trash to collect, so we are confident that we are making a difference. Check our events calendar for announcements of the specific locations and dates.
Adopted Streets and Beginning locations
- Buckner Road – Buckner and Sylvania Drive, one of the entrances to Vinings Cove neighborhood
- Clay Road – South Cobb Regional Library parking lot
- Floyd Road – Publix Parking lot next to Autobell, near Floyd Road
- Nickajack Road – Kroger Parking lot near Nickajack Road
- Old Alabama Road – The Words Of Life True Church at the intersection with South Gordon Road
- Old Powder Springs Road – Mableton Pentacostal Church, 1000 Old Powder Springs Road
- Queen Mill Road – Church at corner of Queen Mill and Veterans Memorial Highway
What to Expect
- Usually it takes less than an hour for volunteers to pick up the trash that has accumulated and collect the orange bags in a central location for the county to pick up.
- Bags, latex gloves, and safety vests are provided.
- Covid-19 precautions are observed! We provide masks and we keep our distance.
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots and bring gloves if you’d rather not use the latex gloves we provide.
- Children under 13 are not allowed on the cleanups for safety reasons. Children 13 and over must be accompanied by an adult.
Contact Jeff Padgett for more information.
Barry Krebs, a member of the Keep Cobb Beautiful Board, works with churches, businesses, and neighborhood groups to adopt a mile of their own. If all the miles in Mableton were cleaned up regularly, just imagine how much better our town would look! If you are interested in adopting a mile (or miles), contact Barry.