The goal of MIC’s Education committee is to build strong working relationships between the citizens of Mableton, faith communities, nonprofits, the business community, and our schools. Our primary objective is to identify and spotlight the positive aspects of the educational experience in Mableton.
Key focus areas are:
- Advocate for and support local initiatives in our schools
- Collaborate with PTSA organizations, school foundations and school councils
- Facilitate partnerships between our schools and the business community
- Act as a communication channel in the county to voice community concerns
- Effectively utilize county resources (Ed-SPLOST and Cobb Schools Foundation)
- Increase volunteerism and community spirit
Following are some interesting facts from the Cobb County School District (CCSD) website that highlight the significant advantage we share by living in Mableton and being a part of Cobb County School system:
The Cobb County School District (CCSD) is the second-largest school system in Georgia and the 23rd-largest in the nation. It serves nearly 107,000 students with 112 schools, including 67 elementary schools, 25 middle schools, 17 high schools, one charter school, one special education center, and one adult education center, according to the 2022-2023 fact sheet.
- CCSD has 6 high school magnet programs for advanced studies, (2) two of which support Mableton students;
- Pebblebrook High School – Performing Arts
- South Cobb High – Medical Sciences & Research
- Over the past 10 years the student population in CCSD has grown 5.4%
- District students totaled 111,722 in March 2019 vs. 105,956 in March 2009
- Student enrollment in Mableton (10 schools) has grown 15.6% over the same period
Through increased volunteerism and elevated community spirit, we can have a positive impact on the perception of our community and our schools. Mableton is experiencing tremendous growth and change, as more families are looking for good quality of life and good educational opportunities for their children.
Join us now…your contribution will be invaluable. Email Brandeis Thompson, MIC Education Committee Co-Chair, if you’d like to join the Committee and work together to help to make Mableton an even better place to live, play and learn.