The Mableton Improvement Coalition (MIC) is an all-volunteer, non-partisan, non-profit community organization working to promote activities, enhance communications, and facilitate initiatives that will benefit the community and further enhance the quality of life. Volunteering with MIC provides an opportunity to collaborate and network with others to address local issues that impact the community such as land use, infrastructure, public safety, education, and environmental sustainability. MIC is divided into committees headed by individual board members. Here is a list of MIC committees:
- Zoning Committee
- Economic Development Committee
- Education Committee
- Parks Committee
- Data and Research
- Membership Committee
- Marketing Committee
- Communication Committee
- Community Partnership & Public Safety Committee
Here are some current volunteer opportunities:
- Education Ambassador is assigned to one of the 16 schools in city and sits on the School Principal Advisory Council, which meets once a month. A monthly update is provided to the Chair of the Education Committee. The Ambassador identifies opportunities for MIC involvement like Career Days, speaking opportunities, etc.
- If you are experienced with Salesforce, the Zoning Committee needs you to help load our archive of zoning activity into Salesforce.
- Become a MIC ambassador for your HOA. The HOA Network provides a forum where community associations can exchange best practices and provide a unified voice to issues affecting our neighborhoods.
- Volunteer to work during the Taste of Mableton when there are many opportunities to pitch in. Volunteer for the Taste of Mableton to help direct and line up the Parade and engage community leaders, church leaders, political leaders, and our schools. Volunteers assist vendors and help everyone enjoy this great day!
- Come out and support the on-going Adopt-A-Mile litter pickups. These pickups occur weekly, monthly, and quarterly depending on location.
- Communications Coordinator for the marketing committee to help manage, create content, and update our web page and coordinate our communications across multiple platforms.
- Social Committee Coordinator plans and coordinates four social activities during the year, including a holiday celebration and volunteer event.
- Parks Ambassador involves making a monthly visit to an assigned park and being the eyes and ears to observe status, and report back to the committee chair.
So, act now and get involved! Fill out the Volunteer Application here.
Although it’s not required, we encourage volunteers to join MIC as a member to help support our work in the community.