As part of the Georgia and Cobb County Adopt-a-Stream Programs, MIC has adopted Nickajack Creek from Buckner Road to the Chattahoochee River. This means that on a regular basis, we will clean up the creek by removing trash and debris from the banks and the area nearby. Not only will this improve the health of our waterways, but it’s a great way for more Mabletonians to get to know the beauty of our woodlands and streams.
Clean-ups will be announced in the MIC newsletters and posted on the calendar.
- Discovery Boulevard
What to wear
- High-topped work boots or sturdy shoes with non-skid soles
- Hat or scarf for sun protection
- Long pants and a long-sleeved shirt (Extra protection against poison ivy and ticks). Please tuck pants into boots or tie the bottoms. You may also bring insect repellent and sunscreen.
- Each participant will be required to sign a volunteer agreement form prior to the clean-up. A parental consent form is required for participants less than 18 years of age.
For more information
- Please contact Ron Raven.