The Dahlhauser Group is asking for a change to the stipulations for this new shopping center currently under construction at the corner of Buckner Road and Veterans Memorial Highway. Their application asks for a new site plan and a change to the existing stipulations to allow an auto parts retail store and climate controlled self-storage.
The hearing on this application will be before the Board of Commissioners on July 17 @ 9am at 100 Cherokee Street in Marietta. Because it is not a complete rezoning, it is called an Other Business Agenda item and it is not heard by the Planning Commission. There is no need to attend the July 3 Planning Commission hearing; there will be no opportunity to speak on this issue. The Board of Commissioners will not be there and they are the decisionmakers on this application.
There has been a lot of interest in this application-which is just great!!! It’s good for our community! But there has also been a lot of confusion. If you want to have input on this application, here is what you should do:
- Read the application. Attached to the application are the current zoning restrictions for the property, so you will see what is allowed now and what the applicant wants to change.
- Email the Board of Commissioners with your opinion. Copy and paste these email addresses (they include county staff and the applicant): email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Contact the developer, Matt Dahlhauser (phone and email on the application) if you want to know more about his plans.
- Attend the hearing on July 17 at 9am at 100 Cherokee St, Marietta.
- Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not rely on our ability to follow social media! We are all volunteers and are not always on zoning duty!